There a lot of things you can do to make using a mobile phone more sustainable. Here are some suggestions:
When you’re ready to buy a new mobile phone:
- Use our Eco Rating to compare the environmental and ethical performance of many
of the phones that we sell.
- Extend the life of your current mobile phone by giving it to someone else to use. We
offer some great SIM only plans to get you started.
- We’ve made our SIM card packaging smaller, saving tonnes of paper and
tonnes of plastic compared to our old packaging.
- When your old mobile is no longer useful, drop it in a store charity bin in any of our
Vodafone stores. It will be recycled so it doesn’t end up in landfill.
We also take batteries, chargers and accessories.
- Paperless billing is the default billing method at Vodafone, so you’ll be reducing the
amount of paper needed for printing.
When you’re using your mobile phone:
- A lot of smartphones have energy saving features built-in that can be customised.
This means you won’t have to charge you mobile so often, so you can save energy
and reduce your carbon emissions.
- When your mobile is finished charging, unplug it. Chargers continue to use a small
amount of energy when the plug is turned on, and it all adds up!
- There are some fantastic apps that can help you to reduce your environmental impact
and select ethically produced products.