Switching is a breeze
If you're on another network, it's easy to switch to Vodafone and keep your current mobile number (switching networks is also known as "porting"). Go to our Switch to Vodafone page, or read the below for more information.
- First, go ahead and order your phone or SIM card package online. We'll ask you for a few details, including your current network and whether you're Pay as you go or Bill pay and we'll ask you to nominate a preferred porting date and time.
- We will endeavour to port your number over to the Vodafone network on the previously selected date and time. This process can take as little as 2 minutes, and rarely takes longer than 2 hours. During this time your phone will be out of service.
- Once you receive your phone, and when you're ready to switch over (if you're a Pay as you go customer, you might want to wait until you use up your existing phone credit), visit the Vodafone welcome page to start the SIM activation process.
- Once your SIM activation is complete, you'll see the Vodafone logo on your phone.
- If you're Pay as you go, you should then go online and register for My Vodafone so you can claim your free call credit and manage your account online. Bill Pay customers should also register for My Vodafone to easily manage your account online.
How do I know if I'll be able to switch networks?
- If you're a Pay as you go customer and want to buy a new phone, you can switch to Vodafone and keep your number at any time – you're under no obligation to stay with your network for any length of time.
- If you're a Pay as you go customer and you want to switch to Vodafone and keep your current phone, then you need to buy a sim card. You'll also need to get the NAC code from your current network to unlock your phone.
- If you're a Bill pay customer, you can switch to Vodafone – even if you're midway through your contract – but you might be liable for contract termination fees. Check with your current network to find out about those.