What does Secure Net do?
Does Secure Net protect me from everything when I’m using the Vodafone network?
For the Service to work your device must be switched on, with your SIM inserted and you must be connected to the Vodafone Mobile Network. You will not be protected by the Service:
- If you use any APN other than the following:
- If you use a Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- If you are not on the Vodafone Mobile Network (e.g. WiFi)
- If you select an alternative (non Vodafone) roaming provider
- If you roam on a Vodafone 4G network
- If you access any https connection e.g. a website or URL prefixed by https
- If you use Smartphone data compression services e.g. Opera Max
- If you use browsers that can compress and/or encrypt traffic except Opera Mini (the Vodafone version), Nokia Xpress, Microsoft BOS and Google Chrome.
- If you use a proxy service
- If you use some email protocols e.g. IMAP (HTTP, POP3 and SMTP are supported)
Does Secure Net monitor my data traffic to see which web sites I’m visiting?
No, Secure Net only uses the web address you enter to warn you if the website is harmful. To identify the threats that have been prevented, we only collect the stats that are displayed in the reporting section on your settings page.
How does the Secure Net safe website list work?
If you trust a website and think it’s secure, you can add it to your safe website list within your Secure Net account. This will allow you to access this website without us checking it and warning you. Please keep in mind that adding a website – www.rte.ie for example - to your safe website list will also make extended URLs – such as www.rte.ie/placeholder – accessible.
You can remove the website from your safe website list at any time
How does the Secure Net unsafe website list work?
If you don’t trust a website and think it’s unsafe, you can add it to your unsafe website list within your Secure Net account. This will block your access to this website.
Please keep in mind that adding a website – www.guns.com for example – to your unsafe website list will also block extended URLs such as www.guns.com/placeholder.